The Trussed Rafter is an individually designed component, engineered to provide a structural frame for the support of the roof or similar structures.
Trussed Rafters are fabricated from high quality, stress graded timbers and joined with steel nailplate fasteners. Since the introduction of Trussed Rafters into the UK in 1964, they have proven to be an efficient, safe and economical method for supporting roofs.
Timber used in the design of Trussed Rafters is kiln dried and stress graded, and complies with current European and British Standards.
Roof Truss timbers may be preservative treated with waterborne solutions, or with non-corrosive spirit based organic solvent. Copper Chrome Arsenate and similar
treatments are not recommended.
- Factory manufactured, made to measure
- Flexible, practical and fully engineered solution to your roofing requirements
- Economy of materials – 40% reduction in timber than a traditionally formed roof
- Reduction in site waste
- Reduced labour costs on site due to the amount of pre-fabricated components
- Quick erection of the roof structure enabling other trades to commence quickly
- Suitable for a wide range of roof structures
- Timber construction – the only truly renewable building resource
If you require any further information or technical assistance on either our Trussed Rafter or Metal Web Joists products, or wish to discuss your requirements in detail, please do not hesitate to contact our offices on the above telephone number.